Monday, September 27, 2010

Summer Fun

I've been so caught up in other things lately that I haven't posted about my wonderful little man. This summer brought about lots of changes and growth. Austin is definitely ALL BOY and loves to run, kick, jump, spit, pick his nose, throw dirt and make roaring sounds...all daily. Unfortunately he's picked up a few bad habits too like biting and hitting other kids when they have a toy he wants. We're working diligently on trying to curb that habit! He already has a thing for girls and seems play nicer with cousin Ava and the little girls across the street. His favorite saying is currently "What happened now?" and will repeat it over and over when something happens but he's not quite sure what. And he also likes "My turn now!" Of course. And like most kids, he seems to have a soft spot for Barney and sings the "I love you, you love me..." song. It's funny though because he can't pronounce "v" and it comes out "b" so the song goes "I lobe you, you lobe me..." He's learning to pedal the new bike I found for him and he loves to be outside. But probably the biggest change is coming up soon...potty training! We just started this week so I'll keep you posted! Here's a synopsis of our summer adventures in Star...

Many, many popsicles. He doesn't eat them alone and insists someone else eats one too! Here he is with cousin Ava.
Pool time at SpurWing Country Club. Perks of the job!


Chillin' on the spiderman couch in his PJs. It's probably like 4:00pm. :-)

Back to the Western Idaho Fair after many years of absence. Hasn't changed at all. I seriously don't know why I get so giddy over the stupid county fair, but I do...every year. Brett tried his first Idaho ice cream potato this year and said it was delish. The animal barns are a must with kids.




Playing in the dirt at a moms/kids only BBQ. Good times!

Hangin' out with the cuz, Jakob, eating popcorn.

Sharing his string cheese with friend, Lily. Surprisingly he loves to share these days...just don't hop on his bike or he'll smack ya! :-)

Bath time at Grandma Nagels on our first trip back to Idaho Falls.

Snuggle time.

No comments: