Friday, September 17, 2010

Poor Peaches


This is a picture of a perfect peach sneakily growing in our new backyard. We discovered we had a peach tree a couple weeks ago and I immediately started dreaming about fresh sliced peaches, peach cobbler, peach cordon bleu...
There's just something about fruit and veggies growing in my own backyard makes me all gitty inside. After discovering the peaches we headed off on a trip to West Yellowstone and when we returned we found our perfect, precious peaches scattered all over the ground rotting and infested with bugs. I was so pissed! I should have picked them immediately. I guess they were more ripe than we thought and fell from the weight of their fruit. So long delicious, juicy, FREE peaches :-( Maybe next year.

1 comment:

The Days said...

oh that is a sad story, mostly the part where you drove right by my house twice and didn't even call to say hi!!!! I'm not bitter...