Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Last week we celebrated Brett's birthday. He's caught up to me in age once again...whew! This older woman stuff is kind of rough. Do I seriously have to turn 40 and 50 before my hubby? Perhaps I should just celebrate my 31st again next year.

Austin helped prepare Dad's favorite: chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. I must say, it was freakin' delicious. It had nothing to do with my baking skills; I think Pillsbury may just have a thing or two on Betty Crocker. And please don't drool over the decorating...it's simply raw talent. :-)



I'm glad we had all the families over the night before to eat cake and celebrate because Brett's actual b-day simply sucked (Honestly, he'd have used these words if he were writing). I woke up that morning with the worst sinus pain of my life and Austin decided to be a cranky butt to follow suit. We pretty much holed up in the house all day trying not to kill each other. Sorry babe, we hope you still love us! Better luck on your 32nd...when I'm still 31.

1 comment:

Nate and Joelle said...

haha, I want to stay 25! And booo to your sinus problems. That cake looks fantastic! You have serious piping skills. Maybe you could do a side gig as a cake decorator...I feel good about that.