Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pop turns 60!

Dad turned the big 6-0 on the 18th of March. And boy, was he was all worked up about it! He kept telling us how he was closer to "the end" and realized he was, in fact, getting "old." I tried to remind him that he was, in fact, not "dead" and that he still had a good 40 years to cherish. I think my encouragement fell on deaf ears. :-) He didn't want to have a huge party at a restaurant so we planned a laid back celebration with family at Mom and Dad's house. We had a great time visiting and reminiscing. Dad was showered with love and gifts and a very special visit from his daughter, Amy Jo. I hadn't seen my sister Amy for years and it was a blessing to hear her laughter again and be a part of her life, if even for a moment. I hope someday she'll be a more permanent fixture in my life because our family is not complete without her.

Aunt Jody, Grandpa Joe, Dad, Grandma Evie~


Amy's Boyfriend, Amy, Desmond (Amy's son), Nana, Dad, Mom~


Patrick, Amy, Me (Elisha and Erik were at a marriage retreat and couldn't attend)~


HAPPY 60TH POP! We love you no matter what age you are ;-)

No comments: