Friday, December 31, 2010

Thank you 2010

So, 2010 was a crazy year for us...to say the least. The job change for Brett, the separation of our family for months, the selling of our first home, the quitting of my job of 7 years, and the final big move to Boise to finally be together as a family again. The entire year was an adventure and learning experience, one that I'm thankful for and has blessed our family tremendously. But, I'm ready to put it behind us. I could use some calmer waters in 2011.

I'm not usually big on new year resolutions, but for some reason I feel like I need to refocus in 2011. My brain is scattered and all the change has left me feeling like a lost ship at sea (or is it "ship lost at sea"? See what I mean! AH!). The career change no doubt has much to do with it. The transition to stay-at-home mom shook me up and I still feel like I'm trying to find my groove and my purpose in this new phase of my life...as a mother, a wife, a friend, a human being. So, some resolutions are in order for these things. And since we're living in Boise now, there are lots of new places to explore to create family memories and grow some roots. A resolution is in order for that too. And finally, sleep. Yes, sleep. It keeps evading me for one reason or another. If I have to make a resolution to be one of those "9pm lights out" people, then so be it. But if I'm being honest, that won't work so I'll just resolve to become a really great coffee drinker! ;-)

No comments: